The online food delivery business has been on the rise since the past decade. With the rise in the number of food-tech startups, the online food delivery industry has been booming and changing the way we dine. These food delivery applications have changed the entire food scenario in the country. With the concept of ‘faster delivery’ these food delivery applications have penetrated amongst the masses. These applications have opened up several opportunities for individuals to start their own businesses as restaurant partners.
If you are someone who loves to cook and are looking for a home business opportunity, we’re here to help you! If you think you’ve got the knack for cooking some delicious meals, starting your own restaurant might just be the right option for you. With the availability of several popular food delivery applications on your fingertips like Zomato, Swiggy, Uber Eats to name a few, starting your own restaurant business with one of them is now really easy. In this article, we are going to talk about how to start a business with Zomato from home, the process of Zomato partner registration and how to run your restaurant business with Zomato as a full-time restaurant owner in a successful manner.
Before we dive into understanding more about the Zomato Partner Registration Process, let’s understand more about Zomato.
What is Zomato?
Zomato, as it goes by its title, is India’s largest multinational restaurant aggregator. It was the brainchild of two Indian entrepreneurs, Deepinder Goyal and Pankaj Chaddah who birthed this idea in 2008 and now after more than a decade, it operates successfully in 500+ cities across India.If you have a restaurant business, then you should definitely consider starting your own restaurant through Zomato’s partner registration program. Once you have completed the registration process, you can reach out to a larger network of customers and simultaneously expand your business at a faster rate.
What are the Benefits of Partnering with Zomato?
If you have decided to list your restaurant as a partner on Zomato, there is a wide range of benefits for you as a restaurant owner. Let’s take a look at a few…
- Increase in revenue – With the Zomato partner registration program, you can easily increase the revenue of your restaurant to over 60% and increase your customer base to over 10 times more than usual.
- Online persona – Without any additional expenses, you can simply create an online presence for your restaurant without having to create a separate website for your restaurant.
- Promote with ease – Once your restaurant is successfully registered as a partner on Zomato, you don’t have to worry about promoting your restaurant. You can offer new discounts and deals to attract new customers. You can also promote any new events that are happening in your restaurant through Zomato.
- Higher customer retention – Once you have got your restaurant listed through Zomato’s partner registration program and offer good quality services, you are sure to get a large number of customers. The Zomato application ensures that there is a higher customer retention rate for your business.
- Increased customer base – Since Zomato is an online food delivery application, this automatically opens up arenas for you to increase your customer base for your business. In addition to the offline customers your business gets, the online customers will help you increase your sales percentage over time.
- Save resources – By registering as a restaurant partner with Zomato, you can save your time and money. When your restaurant gets listed on Zomato, your customers can place orders from anywhere and you don’t have to worry about losing out on customers due to time or space constraints. You can even close your physical space and run a cloud kitchen and make equal profits with Zomato as a restaurant partner.
How to register my restaurant as a partner on Zomato?
Coming back to the million-dollar question, how do you register your restaurant as a partner on Zomato? We are here to break down the entire Zomato partner registration process in five simple steps. However, before we speak about the partner registration process, let’s take a look at the requirements to be eligible for Zomato partner registration.
Eligibility Criteria for Registering as Zomato Partner
Since Zomato’s business model is to aggregate multiple restaurants on one platform. There are a few criteria that you must keep in mind, in order to be eligible for Zomato’s partner registration program. Every restaurant owner that wants to get their business listed on Zomato, should acquire the following legal documents before starting the registration process. The legalities include;
- Your business entity must be registered either under Private Limited Registration, Partnership or LLP registration.
- According to the business turnover and the nature of the business, you must have an FSSAI (Food Safety and Standards Authority of India) Registration or License.
- You must also possess a shop act license and a GST Registration, according to the guidelines laid down by the Government of India.
You must remember that all these documents are mandatory and must be submitted during the registration process. If these documents stand to be true, it will help you in listing your restaurant as a partner with Zomato.
Registration Process for Zomato Partner
Follow these five easy steps to get listed on Zomato as a restaurant partner.
- Step 1 – Vist Zomato Website
Visit www.zomato.com and click on the ‘Add Restaurant’ option given at the bottom of the page. You can also click here to start your registration process right away!
- Step 2 – Fill Basic Info
You must fill in all your basic information about your restaurant. In this section, you will be asked to fill in important information such as;
1. Name of your restaurant
3. Important credentials
4. Contact information
5. Live Status
Once you have completed the given fields, you will be directed to click the ‘Add Restaurant’ button given on the screen.
- Step 3 – Specific detailed information
You will now be asked to give specific detailed information about the following;
1. Address and the Google Maps location of your restaurant
2. Characteristics of your restaurant
4. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner, Cafe, Nightlife
5. Seating Capacity
6. Modes of payments offered
7. Type of Cuisines
8. Other details
9. Operational timings
10. Contact Information
11. Restaurant website link
12. Restaurant official email ID
- Step 4 – Verfication Process
At the end of the previous step, you have completed your listing procedure. All you have got to do now is to wait for the verification process to be completed by Zomato. Once the verification has been completed by the team, your restaurant will be live on the Zomato app.
- Step 5 – Documents verification
The last step of the Zomato partner registration process is that a sales representative from Zomato’s team will reach out to you over the telephone to cross-check and verify documents, such as;
1. Shop License
2. FSSAI Licence
3. GST Number
4. PAN Card
With these five simple to follow steps, you can list your restaurant with ease on Zomato through its Zomato partner registration program. However, you must always remember to never falsify any information during the registration process since it can lead to nullifying your chances of becoming a restaurant partner with Zomato indefinitely .
Now that you know how to list your restaurant on Zomato, what are you waiting for? Go ahead and list your restaurant as a partner with Zomato and start business with Zomato from home. Get cooking!